We’ve all caught something during our fishing careers that was a little odd.
I once caught an albino channel catfish and have several times caught redfish that looked as if they had been cut up by a butcher knife. Apparently it was some sort of disease and it certainly left me scratching my head.
What if you caught something that started puffing up like a balloon when you caught it?
That happens occasionally on the Texas coast and it did to Amber Deranger recently when she caught a smooth puffer fish. Kind of different. Kind of cool.
What is the strangest fish you have ever caught?
- El Nino Ushers in Weird Waterfowling – Observe & Adapt for Waterfowl Success
- Late fall and winter fishing techniques along the middle coast
- Bastrop County: Here, piggy piggy piggy
- The 10 Most Annoying Things for Deer Hunters
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Potential World Record Spotted Bass Released in California
- Subscriber Login
- New State Law Confirms Those Licensed to Carry in Texas Are Allowed in City Hall