Rick Clunn has attained a level of fishing knowledge that blows me away.
The 4-Time Bassmaster Classic Champion is not only a master of competitive fishing but also a genuine student of fish and fishing. I have been blessed to spend some time on the water with him on two occasions over the last two years and always come away with great nuggets of wisdom.
When I asked him what the greatest mistake anglers make he didn’t blink before saying it is, “not exactly duplicating the cast you just caught a fish on.”
When he says, “exactly”, he means throwing to the same spot, fishing the lure with the same retrieve and even making sure it lands the same way.
“Many times there are more fish right there and you did something right, something that made the fish bite and it worked for you. If you can duplicate that you can usually catch more fish.”
I have since taken that philosophy to the water and it has already made a difference.
Fishing is not just a matter of gear, although quality gear is important. It is not only a matter of skill, despite the vast importance of that trait.
The accumulation of knowledge and applying it to fishing in conjunction with a keen sense of awareness can turn an average angler into a fish catching phenomenon.
- Oklahoma Man Gets Bitten by Snake While Walking and Texting (VIDEO)
- Snakebite Kills Missouri Man After He Refuses Medical Attention Over Cost
- Screaming kayak angler catches giant goliath grouper (VIDEO)
- Cow shot outside McDonald’s after running away from slaughterhouse
- Ruger LCP Recall Info
- Check out Gov. Abbott's Tweet Responding to the Passing of Open Carry
- Twin Record White Bass
- 2016 F-150 offers Pro Trailer Backup Assist System
- BREAKING: Texas lawmakers OK licensed open carry of handguns