The Corky is known as the top slow-sinking soft plastic for speckled trout on the Texas coast.
Yes, it imitates a mullet but the magic of the Corky is its slow sink which pushes the bite button on big trout which tend to be a little less aggressive than their younger counterparts, particularly during winter when these plugs are used most frequently.
Watch this quick underwater clip (filmed in my friend Cody Ellis’ swimming pool while he stood in the water filming as I cast) and see this slow, steady sink. It takes 13 seconds for the lure to drop eight feet. Very impressive.
- El Nino Ushers in Weird Waterfowling – Observe & Adapt for Waterfowl Success
- Late fall and winter fishing techniques along the middle coast
- Bastrop County: Here, piggy piggy piggy
- The 10 Most Annoying Things for Deer Hunters
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Potential World Record Spotted Bass Released in California
- Subscriber Login
- New State Law Confirms Those Licensed to Carry in Texas Are Allowed in City Hall