Okay, I get the rightous Texas indignation from a couple of readers about the Evoque winnining NAIAS Truck of the Year, but don’t shoot the messenger, guys.
The story was a report, Not a review. I didn’t name it the Truck of the Year. I didn’t even nominate it. I just wanted to share with you what the marketplace is saying.
Yes, I have driven the Evoque and it was great on performance off-road and on. No, I wouldn’t choose it to tow and it wouldn’t be my first choice if I had $45,000 to spend. Heck, I told you in the first paragraph that these judges didn’t even name a half-ton or HD for the award this year, despite the success of Ford, GM and Ram in the past.
I am delighted that you took the time to write about your unhappiness. Over the next three or four weeks, I’ll be reviewing the GMC 2500HD diesel and a lot of other Texas-type trucks, including the Ram Mossy Oak Edition, F-150 EcoBoost and Nissan Pro-4X models, as well as pieces on truck doors, protective film and others. But, now that I have your attention, use the comments section to tell me what you want to read about.
Please don’t beat me up on credentials. I have them and the comments are starting to sound like the Republican primary.
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Snake Selfie Ends with $153K Medical Bill
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- Man Jumps Zoo Fence to Pet Cougars (VIDEO)
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you
- Alligator with Ninja Skills Deftly Climbs Fence (VIDEO)
- Cobra Chases Down and Attacks Chameleon (VIDEO)
- Chronic Wasting Disease found in Texas deer