Last week I had the pleasure of testing out Bomber Saltwater Grade’s killer Super Pogy. It’s a rattling crankbait that very closely resemble s a pogy/menhaden.
Using crankbaits and the jetties is one of the most underestimated methods for catching big reds and I had a ball using them to do just that. The magic formula was to throw it out, let it sink a few feet, pull hard then slowly reel a few feet and pull hard again.
The reds (and jack crevalle) hit with extreme ferocity.
There are always reds at jetty systems but locating them can be tough so you must focus on areas with deep holes off the sides of the wall, washouts between the rocks and eddies formed at the end for the best results. Also, pay attention to see if there are baitfish thick in a certain spot, especially tight over structure.
- Epic Battle: Cobra Battles Python (VIDEO)
- Eastern European jiffy pop as 2,000 rounds of ammo get cooked off (VIDEO)
- New artificial reefs
- Army officially solicits new handgun—finally
- Bizarre Battle between World's Most Venomous Fish and Deadly Snake Caught On Camera
- Coyote Tackles Hunter Head-on (VIDEO)
- Skeet Shooting with Asian Carp (VIDEO)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- FATAL SELFIE: Teen Killed Taking Instagram Photo With Gun To His Head