Last week I had the pleasure of testing out Bomber Saltwater Grade’s killer Super Pogy. It’s a rattling crankbait that very closely resemble s a pogy/menhaden.
Using crankbaits and the jetties is one of the most underestimated methods for catching big reds and I had a ball using them to do just that. The magic formula was to throw it out, let it sink a few feet, pull hard then slowly reel a few feet and pull hard again.
The reds (and jack crevalle) hit with extreme ferocity.
There are always reds at jetty systems but locating them can be tough so you must focus on areas with deep holes off the sides of the wall, washouts between the rocks and eddies formed at the end for the best results. Also, pay attention to see if there are baitfish thick in a certain spot, especially tight over structure.
- Hackers Infiltrate TrackingPoint Rifle [VIDEO]
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Missouri Man Shoots 14-foot Python, Larger 18-footer Captured in Florida
- Angler Catches Near-world Record Marlin on His Birthday
- Video Captures Incredible Shark Attack on Angler’s Fish
- Know what to do in case your dog gets a snakebite
- July 2015
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)