Last week I had the pleasure of testing out Bomber Saltwater Grade’s killer Super Pogy. It’s a rattling crankbait that very closely resemble s a pogy/menhaden.
Using crankbaits and the jetties is one of the most underestimated methods for catching big reds and I had a ball using them to do just that. The magic formula was to throw it out, let it sink a few feet, pull hard then slowly reel a few feet and pull hard again.
The reds (and jack crevalle) hit with extreme ferocity.
There are always reds at jetty systems but locating them can be tough so you must focus on areas with deep holes off the sides of the wall, washouts between the rocks and eddies formed at the end for the best results. Also, pay attention to see if there are baitfish thick in a certain spot, especially tight over structure.
- Armed Citizens Stop Purse Snatcher - Don't Make These Mistakes [VIDEO]
- Company Creates New Pain-free Method for Measuring Fish
- Ford unveils 2017 Super Duty
- A 90 MPH Center Console Fishing Boat? YES!
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Crazy Fast Deer Skinning - 1 minute 48 seconds [VIDEO]
- Dragon’s Breath: The easiest way to rake your leaves (VIDEO)
- Photos: Deer Photobombs Everything This Photographer Does