The latest outdoors urban legend is circulating the Internet.
The photo you see attached has been emailed all over the place and as the story goes the angler in the photo caught the fish on the north revetment at Pleasure Island, cleaned it and ate it. However, the fish was measured and it was 36 inches long. No one has provided a weight but allegedly it was bigger than the current state record.
I am not buying it.
We posted the photo on our TF&G Facebook asking if anyone knew the angler and someone said they got the same photo but were told it was caught in Port Mansfield.
Does anyone know the angler in the photo? What do you think?
In the real world, not everything on the Internet is as it seems and there are lots of forwarded emails with fish and game on them but few with accurate stories.
By the way, I have a feeling this is a fish from Florida.
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Protect Your Right to Hunt and Fish in Texas - Vote!
- Man could lose his hand after taking a 'selfie' with a rattlesnake
- Secretary of State John Kerry Signs United Nations Gun Ban Treaty Against Wishes of U.S. Senate
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Huge Bobcat Uses Boy as a Scratching Post (VIDEO)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- POD - 80 Pound Amber Jack!
- POD - Galveston Bay Speckled Trout