The latest outdoors urban legend is circulating the Internet.
The photo you see attached has been emailed all over the place and as the story goes the angler in the photo caught the fish on the north revetment at Pleasure Island, cleaned it and ate it. However, the fish was measured and it was 36 inches long. No one has provided a weight but allegedly it was bigger than the current state record.
I am not buying it.
We posted the photo on our TF&G Facebook asking if anyone knew the angler and someone said they got the same photo but were told it was caught in Port Mansfield.
Does anyone know the angler in the photo? What do you think?
In the real world, not everything on the Internet is as it seems and there are lots of forwarded emails with fish and game on them but few with accurate stories.
By the way, I have a feeling this is a fish from Florida.
- Video: Alligator Viciously Tears Bumper Off Truck
- Watch: Snake takes a ride on the windshield of a car
- PowerPro Maxcuatro
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- 2016 F-150 offers Pro Trailer Backup Assist System
- What to Do if a Lion Opens Your Car Door (VIDEO)
- Watch: B.C. man captures video of orcas attacking sea lions off Hornby Island