The latest outdoors urban legend is circulating the Internet.
The photo you see attached has been emailed all over the place and as the story goes the angler in the photo caught the fish on the north revetment at Pleasure Island, cleaned it and ate it. However, the fish was measured and it was 36 inches long. No one has provided a weight but allegedly it was bigger than the current state record.
I am not buying it.
We posted the photo on our TF&G Facebook asking if anyone knew the angler and someone said they got the same photo but were told it was caught in Port Mansfield.
Does anyone know the angler in the photo? What do you think?
In the real world, not everything on the Internet is as it seems and there are lots of forwarded emails with fish and game on them but few with accurate stories.
By the way, I have a feeling this is a fish from Florida.
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- Houston police catch cobra at high-rise apartment complex
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Snake Selfie Ends with $153K Medical Bill
- 8-year-old searching for the owner of lost Air Force ring (VIDEO)
- Big Bags and Catches Photo Contest is Back!
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you