Big bait equals big fish.
We’ve all heard that one at some point.
Well, with largemouth bass that is an absolute fact. Biologists say the only determining factor in what a bass will eat is it’s “gape width”. In other words, if it will fit in the mouth of a bass it is a potential prey item.
Live bait is HIGHLY underrated for big bass and in some circles politically incorrect. I say however as long as you are obeying laws and returning the big bass to produce more of their kind, it doesn’t matter. In fact, live bait bass fishing can be fun.
While studying for my F.L.E.X. Fishing (R) system, I took our friends Rion and Cynthia Carlos to some ponds and rigged up Cynthia with a nine-inch long mullet. In this photo you can see the results. By the way, this was her second bass ever. The first was 15 minutes earlier when she caught a four pounder on a finger mullet.
Big bait does equal big bass.
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Protect Your Right to Hunt and Fish in Texas - Vote!
- Man could lose his hand after taking a 'selfie' with a rattlesnake
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Secretary of State John Kerry Signs United Nations Gun Ban Treaty Against Wishes of U.S. Senate
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Huge Bobcat Uses Boy as a Scratching Post (VIDEO)
- Walmart halts AR sales, shifts to hunting rifles and shotguns
- POD - 80 Pound Amber Jack!