Big bait equals big fish.
We’ve all heard that one at some point.
Well, with largemouth bass that is an absolute fact. Biologists say the only determining factor in what a bass will eat is it’s “gape width”. In other words, if it will fit in the mouth of a bass it is a potential prey item.
Live bait is HIGHLY underrated for big bass and in some circles politically incorrect. I say however as long as you are obeying laws and returning the big bass to produce more of their kind, it doesn’t matter. In fact, live bait bass fishing can be fun.
While studying for my F.L.E.X. Fishing (R) system, I took our friends Rion and Cynthia Carlos to some ponds and rigged up Cynthia with a nine-inch long mullet. In this photo you can see the results. By the way, this was her second bass ever. The first was 15 minutes earlier when she caught a four pounder on a finger mullet.
Big bait does equal big bass.
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- Missouri Man Shoots 14-foot Python, Larger 18-footer Captured in Florida
- Angler Catches Near-world Record Marlin on His Birthday
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- July 2015
- Past Issues
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you