Mention croaker and trout in the same sentence and you will certain segments of the fishing community FREAKED OUT.
Apparently croaker are so good for catching big trout they should be banned. Well, that is what some extremely lame people in the industry think but they are a small minority.
I wonder if they would get just as mad about using live mud minnows.
Here on the Upper Coast, a growing number of anglers are using them for trout and it has been my experience they work extremely well. I rarely use live bait for trout but when I do, it is usually mullet or mud minnows with shad thrown in for good measure.
Fished under a popping cork and drifted over shell they are super good at catching trout and they also turn on the redfish.
Have you ever used mud minnows for trout? If so, how did they work for you?
- El Nino Ushers in Weird Waterfowling – Observe & Adapt for Waterfowl Success
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Past Issues
- Crazy Fast Deer Skinning - 1 minute 48 seconds [VIDEO]
- Armed Citizens Stop Purse Snatcher - Don't Make These Mistakes [VIDEO]
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- Subscriber Login