Mention croaker and trout in the same sentence and you will certain segments of the fishing community FREAKED OUT.
Apparently croaker are so good for catching big trout they should be banned. Well, that is what some extremely lame people in the industry think but they are a small minority.
I wonder if they would get just as mad about using live mud minnows.
Here on the Upper Coast, a growing number of anglers are using them for trout and it has been my experience they work extremely well. I rarely use live bait for trout but when I do, it is usually mullet or mud minnows with shad thrown in for good measure.
Fished under a popping cork and drifted over shell they are super good at catching trout and they also turn on the redfish.
Have you ever used mud minnows for trout? If so, how did they work for you?
- Coyote Tackles Hunter Head-on (VIDEO)
- New artificial reefs
- Prairie Dog Shooting in Wyoming - [VIDEO]
- Going dove hunting this weekend?
- IMR PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE FOR IMR®4007SSC POWDER
- 2 sharks caught in Potomac River, no they were not members of congress (VIDEO)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]