Hopefully the headline grabbed your attention.
You see a program Neighborhood Fish’N brought to us by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (TPWD) has gotten mine.
We will have a full story on this in a coming edition of Texas Fish & Game magazine but for now here’s the basics.
This is from TPWD.
Are you looking for a way to enjoy the outdoors without traveling miles and miles to get there?
Neighborhood Fishin’ is an outing that every member of the family can enjoy. For Texans who live in urban areas, this program offers fishing opportunities close to home. Texas Parks and Wildlife Department works in partnership with local governments to stock channel catfish and rainbow trout in small neighborhood lakes. These fish are fun to catch, and they’re stocked approximately every two weeks, so there’s nearly always a fresh supply of fish available to take your bait.
Click here to go to the website where you will see the lakes featured and even how to borrow tackle.
More on this program coming soon.
- Past Issues
- Oops! Wal-Mart’s ‘Gun Oil’ turns out to be something you won't believe (VIDEO)
- North Carolina “Record” Buck Allegedly Fake, Antlers “Screwed On”
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Selfie-related deaths outnumber shark attack deaths in 2015
- Boat Hull Basics: Steps, Deep-V Deadrise, and More