Since there is $100,000 at stake for huge largemouth bass on Lake Conroe, I thought I would give what I consider to be the top five most productive big bass baits out there. Notice I did not say lures necessarily.
Many Sharelunker bass have come on live bait and often in pursuit of crappie, some just by live bait specialist. Here are the top five I would consider using. By the way, I did not see any provisions in the announced contest against live bait but if you pay the $100 to join you may see a more detailed list of rules.
1. Live Perch: Big bass love perch. Really love them. A live perch fished on a free-line rig floated over deep cover has potential to draw in monsters.
2. Jigs: Lure fishermen catch lots of huge bass on jigs and almost all serious bass fishermen I know say jigs are definitely the all around best lure for beastly bass.
3. Black Salties: These commercially available baitfish are simply awesome for bass. I have used them a lot in highly pressured ponds I fish and saw incredible results.
4. Swimbaits: Swimbaits take awhile to get used to fishing but they will put big bass in the boat. And for lunker hunting the bigger the better. Go gawdy.
5. Huge shiners: Big shiners are amazing for bass and although rarely used in Texas are a standard in Florida where trophy bass fishing was invented.
- Coyote Tackles Hunter Head-on (VIDEO)
- New artificial reefs
- Prairie Dog Shooting in Wyoming - [VIDEO]
- Going dove hunting this weekend?
- IMR PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE FOR IMR®4007SSC POWDER
- 2 sharks caught in Potomac River, no they were not members of congress (VIDEO)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Eastern European jiffy pop as 2,000 rounds of ammo get cooked off (VIDEO)