We have been warned, we have been watching, and now we get a glimpse of the ban, registration, and confiscation plan that anti-gun politicians are moving toward.
Hopefully this doesn’t get any traction and our representatives won’t give this list of infringements the time of day, but we must remain aware of what the opposition has in mind. Senator Diane Feinstein has already admitted she wants complete confiscation, but in the meantime this is her current wish list she has proposed:
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms [no list shown, perhaps the list from bill H.R. 1022?]
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, [same restrictive regulations as owning a machine gun since 1934] to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
In essence this is a total ban of all self loading firearms that have been around for over 100 years. It might be sly enough to not force a revolution. The “grandfathering” clause demands complete registration and approval that is required as ownership of a pre-1986 machine gun. This is not “reasonable” in the least. But what do you expect from an anti-gun extremist who also declares:
“If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ’em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here.” (Feinstein said on CBS-TV’s 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995)
The choice should be clear for gun owners- do not compromise an inch. Gun owners, firearms manufactures, firearms, or even the NRA is not the least bit responsible for the Newtown massacre, now should we be punished. This movement is simply using this as an excuse to strip us of our God given right as protected by the Constitution.
Contact your representatives continually until they recognize our freedoms and stop attempting to infringe on them.
- Epic Battle: Cobra Battles Python (VIDEO)
- Skeet Shooting with Asian Carp (VIDEO)
- Bizarre Battle between World's Most Venomous Fish and Deadly Snake Caught On Camera
- Coyote Tackles Hunter Head-on (VIDEO)
- Eastern European jiffy pop as 2,000 rounds of ammo get cooked off (VIDEO)
- FATAL SELFIE: Teen Killed Taking Instagram Photo With Gun To His Head
- Army officially solicits new handgun—finally
- New artificial reefs
- No Pole Necessary — Watch as Farmer Hooks a Fish With His Drone (VIDEO)