Senator Feinstein (D, CA) plans to introduce her oppressive, infringing, gun banning bill tomorrow. It would ban about 80% of modern firearms: most firearms with detectable mags, all magazines over 10 rounds, certain cosmetic features on any type of firearm, it will ban the transfer, importation, and manufacture a long list of guns, and only grandfather firearms with a $200 tax per gun, lots of red tape and owner registration for confiscation further down the road. This bill is so insane it hopefully won’t go far, but contact your representatives now and let them know how you feel!
This is her current wish list she has proposed:
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms [no list shown, perhaps the list from bill H.R. 1022?]
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, [same restrictive regulations as owning a machine gun since 1934] to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
In essence this is a ban of all self loading firearms that have been around for over 100 years. The “grandfathering” clause demands complete registration and strict approval that is required as ownership of a rare machine gun. This is not “reasonable” in the least. But what do you expect from an anti-gun extremist who also declares:
“If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ’em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here.” (Feinstein said on CBS-TV’s 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995)
Contact your representatives continually until they recognize our freedoms and stop attempting to infringe on them.
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns
- NJ 5th Grader Suspended For Having Nerf Gun ‘Bullet’ in His Pocket
- TX A&M Cadets Marksmanship Unit sweeps Military College Combat Shooting Championship
- Past Issues
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Large Alligator Jumps On Alabama Dock & Eats Dog
- Get the lead out ...