On small ponds large, loud lures like crankbaits, magnum spinners and buzz baits get few strikes, especially after the first few times fish are exposed to them. I throw very few hard plastic lures in pond, instead focusing on soft plastics with either no weight or very little weight. For surface fishing frog lures work great as do some of the bigger lizards out there like Larry the Lizard. Lighter lures land more softly and tend to not spook finicky bass.
What are your favorite methods for pond fishing?
- Reloading .22LR Rimfire
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Are you ready for some dove hunting?
- Important: new BF Goodrich tire recall
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- POD - East Galveston Bay Trout
- Walmart halts AR sales, shifts to hunting rifles and shotguns
- Past Issues