On small ponds large, loud lures like crankbaits, magnum spinners and buzz baits get few strikes, especially after the first few times fish are exposed to them. I throw very few hard plastic lures in pond, instead focusing on soft plastics with either no weight or very little weight. For surface fishing frog lures work great as do some of the bigger lizards out there like Larry the Lizard. Lighter lures land more softly and tend to not spook finicky bass.
What are your favorite methods for pond fishing?
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Man dies trying to suck venom from decapitated snake to boost his immunity
- Choosing Your First Defensive Rifle
- Man reels in possible world record trout in Indian River
- Applications for TPWD Drawn Hunts is now open
- Shark Devours Angler’s Catch in 5 Feet of Water (VIDEO)
- Past Issues
- What to do if You Encounter an Alligator