On small ponds large, loud lures like crankbaits, magnum spinners and buzz baits get few strikes, especially after the first few times fish are exposed to them. I throw very few hard plastic lures in pond, instead focusing on soft plastics with either no weight or very little weight. For surface fishing frog lures work great as do some of the bigger lizards out there like Larry the Lizard. Lighter lures land more softly and tend to not spook finicky bass.
What are your favorite methods for pond fishing?
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Chronic Wasting Disease found in Texas deer
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you
- Cobra Chases Down and Attacks Chameleon (VIDEO)
- Demo Ranch goes for the largest binary explosion on the internet (VIDEO)
- ICAST: Gigging lights from Hydro-Glow
- Family spots alligator at Bryan Beach in Freeport (VIDEO)
- Past Issues