On small ponds large, loud lures like crankbaits, magnum spinners and buzz baits get few strikes, especially after the first few times fish are exposed to them. I throw very few hard plastic lures in pond, instead focusing on soft plastics with either no weight or very little weight. For surface fishing frog lures work great as do some of the bigger lizards out there like Larry the Lizard. Lighter lures land more softly and tend to not spook finicky bass.
What are your favorite methods for pond fishing?
- Mistakes Anglers Make - Don't Do This!
- Past Issues
- The Universal Suppressor - Griffin Armament Optimus Review
- Full Auto, Suppressed, Belt Fed, .22LR M16 [VIDEO]
- North America’s Largest White Deer Herd Suffers Dramatic Decline
- Nueces Bay Marsh Restoration Project is moving along to completion
- Build an AK47 From a Shovel! [pics]