I am in Chicago this week for the media preview of the Auto Show — it’s 105th year. Despite the fact of its name, it should be called truck central, and it rivals even the state fair of Texas for trucks of all kinds. They are celebrated with the same gusto, too.
This time, Toyota unveiled its 2014 Tundra and provided enough for a good first look review which will be posted later in the week. The Ford F-150 concept — Atlas — was again on display, the two new 2014 pickups from GM were there (still no mpg, tow or payload numbers, though) and RAM introduced its commercial chassis cab and van ( look for that story next week.
In other truck news, Nissan announced that it will have a new Titan built at its Canton, MS, plant. They are being cagey about whether it will be a 2015 or 2016 intro. It will be interesting to see what they envision for the new vehicle, but its intro will mean that every truck manufacturer will have a new vehicle with the current bells and whistles that are on so many of today’s cars.
Also, beginning next week, I will be talking about your other wheels — RVs, some ATVs and passenger cars. The truck stuff will prevail, of course, but I do want t
- Armed Citizens Stop Purse Snatcher - Don't Make These Mistakes [VIDEO]
- Ford unveils 2017 Super Duty
- Company Creates New Pain-free Method for Measuring Fish
- A 90 MPH Center Console Fishing Boat? YES!
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Dragon’s Breath: The easiest way to rake your leaves (VIDEO)
- Crazy Fast Deer Skinning - 1 minute 48 seconds [VIDEO]
- Photos: Deer Photobombs Everything This Photographer Does