I am in Chicago this week for the media preview of the Auto Show — it’s 105th year. Despite the fact of its name, it should be called truck central, and it rivals even the state fair of Texas for trucks of all kinds. They are celebrated with the same gusto, too.
This time, Toyota unveiled its 2014 Tundra and provided enough for a good first look review which will be posted later in the week. The Ford F-150 concept — Atlas — was again on display, the two new 2014 pickups from GM were there (still no mpg, tow or payload numbers, though) and RAM introduced its commercial chassis cab and van ( look for that story next week.
In other truck news, Nissan announced that it will have a new Titan built at its Canton, MS, plant. They are being cagey about whether it will be a 2015 or 2016 intro. It will be interesting to see what they envision for the new vehicle, but its intro will mean that every truck manufacturer will have a new vehicle with the current bells and whistles that are on so many of today’s cars.
Also, beginning next week, I will be talking about your other wheels — RVs, some ATVs and passenger cars. The truck stuff will prevail, of course, but I do want t
- 14-year-old with .22 rifle protects 6-year-old siblings during home invasion
- Sinkhole in Detroit turns into a fishing hole
- Are you ready for some dove hunting?
- Reloading .22LR Rimfire
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Secretary of State John Kerry Signs United Nations Gun Ban Treaty Against Wishes of U.S. Senate
- Man could lose his hand after taking a 'selfie' with a rattlesnake
- Snakes Take Over Houston Woman's Home After Floods (VIDEO)