Big trout can be extremely cautious fish and will sometimes circle a plug before striking. TF&G Exec. Editor and author of Texas Trout Tactics Chester Moore said he have seen this several times over the years and even watched some big trout do this on Lake Calcasieu last year while fishing live mullet under a popping cork.
“The trout would make a circle around the cork a few inches under the surface and then disappear. A few seconds later the cork would go under and the fight would be on.”
Could this be some of the swirls we see around our corks and surface lures?
Have you ever experience this kind of bite?
- Skeet Shooting with Asian Carp (VIDEO)
- The 16 Most Ludicrously Customized Cheap Guns
- Side Scanning Fishfinders: Marvelous or Myth?
- Reminder to Take Hunter Education before Heading to the Field
- Reloading .22LR Rimfire
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- First deer with Dad
- Important: new BF Goodrich tire recall
- Past Issues