Big trout can be extremely cautious fish and will sometimes circle a plug before striking. TF&G Exec. Editor and author of Texas Trout Tactics Chester Moore said he have seen this several times over the years and even watched some big trout do this on Lake Calcasieu last year while fishing live mullet under a popping cork.
“The trout would make a circle around the cork a few inches under the surface and then disappear. A few seconds later the cork would go under and the fight would be on.”
Could this be some of the swirls we see around our corks and surface lures?
Have you ever experience this kind of bite?
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Applications for TPWD Drawn Hunts is now open
- Man dies trying to suck venom from decapitated snake to boost his immunity
- What to do if You Encounter an Alligator
- BP and five Gulf states announced an $18.7 billion settlement
- Bass Anglers for Saltwater Conservation
- Man reels in possible world record trout in Indian River
- Choosing Your First Defensive Rifle
- Past Issues