Big trout can be extremely cautious fish and will sometimes circle a plug before striking. TF&G Exec. Editor and author of Texas Trout Tactics Chester Moore said he have seen this several times over the years and even watched some big trout do this on Lake Calcasieu last year while fishing live mullet under a popping cork.
“The trout would make a circle around the cork a few inches under the surface and then disappear. A few seconds later the cork would go under and the fight would be on.”
Could this be some of the swirls we see around our corks and surface lures?
Have you ever experience this kind of bite?
- Big ships having problems with menhaden
- Giant Intake Vortex - Denison Dam, Lake Texoma (VIDEO)
- Check Out This Rare "Sofa Shark" That Was Caught Near Scotland
- FN Tactical Crazy Flexible Magwell Update [VIDEO]
- Special Youth-Only hunting seasons
- Oops! Wal-Mart’s ‘Gun Oil’ turns out to be something you won't believe (VIDEO)
- Past Issues