Big trout can be extremely cautious fish and will sometimes circle a plug before striking. TF&G Exec. Editor and author of Texas Trout Tactics Chester Moore said he have seen this several times over the years and even watched some big trout do this on Lake Calcasieu last year while fishing live mullet under a popping cork.
“The trout would make a circle around the cork a few inches under the surface and then disappear. A few seconds later the cork would go under and the fight would be on.”
Could this be some of the swirls we see around our corks and surface lures?
Have you ever experience this kind of bite?
- Video: Alligator Viciously Tears Bumper Off Truck
- Watch: Snake takes a ride on the windshield of a car
- PowerPro Maxcuatro
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- 2016 F-150 offers Pro Trailer Backup Assist System
- What to Do if a Lion Opens Your Car Door (VIDEO)
- Watch: B.C. man captures video of orcas attacking sea lions off Hornby Island