Most of the crappie fishing guides who consistently catch those 15-17 inch slabs do not bait their brush piles.
This seems to go against logic because most crappie fishing reports talk about fish over baited brush. Those are for numbers of fish. Getting a shot at a huge slab however requires not only negotiating your way through a bunch of smaller fish to get them but the catfish, gaspergou, buffalo and bass that a baited hole attracts.
It is hard enough to get past undersized and frying pan fish much less every other species in the lake. Trophy fishing in large part is about eliminating competition.
What are your experiences catching big brushpile crappie?
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Master Archer Lars Andersen - Myth Busted? [VIDEO]
- Man dies trying to suck venom from decapitated snake to boost his immunity
- Past Issues
- Applications for TPWD Drawn Hunts is now open
- Choosing Your First Defensive Rifle
- Man reels in possible world record trout in Indian River