Most of the crappie fishing guides who consistently catch those 15-17 inch slabs do not bait their brush piles.
This seems to go against logic because most crappie fishing reports talk about fish over baited brush. Those are for numbers of fish. Getting a shot at a huge slab however requires not only negotiating your way through a bunch of smaller fish to get them but the catfish, gaspergou, buffalo and bass that a baited hole attracts.
It is hard enough to get past undersized and frying pan fish much less every other species in the lake. Trophy fishing in large part is about eliminating competition.
What are your experiences catching big brushpile crappie?
- Epic Battle: Cobra Battles Python (VIDEO)
- Skeet Shooting with Asian Carp (VIDEO)
- Bizarre Battle between World's Most Venomous Fish and Deadly Snake Caught On Camera
- Coyote Tackles Hunter Head-on (VIDEO)
- Eastern European jiffy pop as 2,000 rounds of ammo get cooked off (VIDEO)
- FATAL SELFIE: Teen Killed Taking Instagram Photo With Gun To His Head
- Army officially solicits new handgun—finally
- New artificial reefs
- No Pole Necessary — Watch as Farmer Hooks a Fish With His Drone (VIDEO)