On small ponds large, loud lures like crankbaits, magnum spinners and buzz baits get few strikes, especially after the first few times fish are exposed to them. Many hardcore pond fishermen throw few hard plastic lures in pond, instead focusing on soft plastics with either no weight or very little weight. For surface fishing frog lures work great as do some of the bigger lizards.
What are your favorite pond lures?
- Past Issues
- Oops! Wal-Mart’s ‘Gun Oil’ turns out to be something you won't believe (VIDEO)
- North Carolina “Record” Buck Allegedly Fake, Antlers “Screwed On”
- Selfie-related deaths outnumber shark attack deaths in 2015
- Boat Hull Basics: Steps, Deep-V Deadrise, and More
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck