On small ponds large, loud lures like crankbaits, magnum spinners and buzz baits get few strikes, especially after the first few times fish are exposed to them. Many hardcore pond fishermen throw few hard plastic lures in pond, instead focusing on soft plastics with either no weight or very little weight. For surface fishing frog lures work great as do some of the bigger lizards.
What are your favorite pond lures?
- Mistakes Anglers Make - Don't Do This!
- Past Issues
- The Universal Suppressor - Griffin Armament Optimus Review
- North America’s Largest White Deer Herd Suffers Dramatic Decline
- Reducing the minimum largemouth bass size below Toledo Bend; fixing a clerical error on maximum length of limit on black drum
- "Hard headed and patient"
- All About that Bass