Another fish that can mess up an angler’s day are gafftopsail catfish.
They work shrimp and shad just like trout do and will have birds flocking around and picking out the escapees. If you pull up to bird action and your first cast yields a gafftop go elsewhere (unless you’re into gafftops. They are good to eat). They will sometimes run with the trout but usually the trout have enough sense not to run with them.
Would you want that much slime in your vicinity?
- The Tragic Saga of a Texas “Superbuck”
- Whitetail Vacation: Affordable Deer Management Hunts in Texas
- Past Issues
- Three New Fishing Boats for Under $15,000
- What’s happened to the ShreLunkers (13 + lb bass)?
- The Universal Suppressor - Griffin Armament Optimus Review
- Texas CHL and 30.06 - Where can I carry?