Another fish that can mess up an angler’s day are gafftopsail catfish.
They work shrimp and shad just like trout do and will have birds flocking around and picking out the escapees. If you pull up to bird action and your first cast yields a gafftop go elsewhere (unless you’re into gafftops. They are good to eat). They will sometimes run with the trout but usually the trout have enough sense not to run with them.
Would you want that much slime in your vicinity?
- Reloading .22LR Rimfire
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Are you ready for some dove hunting?
- Important: new BF Goodrich tire recall
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- POD - East Galveston Bay Trout
- Walmart halts AR sales, shifts to hunting rifles and shotguns
- Past Issues