Another fish that can mess up an angler’s day are gafftopsail catfish.
They work shrimp and shad just like trout do and will have birds flocking around and picking out the escapees. If you pull up to bird action and your first cast yields a gafftop go elsewhere (unless you’re into gafftops. They are good to eat). They will sometimes run with the trout but usually the trout have enough sense not to run with them.
Would you want that much slime in your vicinity?
- Oklahoma Man Gets Bitten by Snake While Walking and Texting (VIDEO)
- Snakebite Kills Missouri Man After He Refuses Medical Attention Over Cost
- Screaming kayak angler catches giant goliath grouper (VIDEO)
- Cow shot outside McDonald’s after running away from slaughterhouse
- Check out Gov. Abbott's Tweet Responding to the Passing of Open Carry
- Ruger LCP Recall Info
- 2016 F-150 offers Pro Trailer Backup Assist System
- Twin Record White Bass
- BREAKING: Texas lawmakers OK licensed open carry of handguns