If you would like to catch ling try the standard summer fishing protocol: a handful of cut pogeys thrown overboard, and live crab or fresh cut bait hanging from circle hooks. Crabs in particular are extremely good baits for ling. Almost every ling I have ever cleaned or seen cleaned had a belly full of crabs. Rods loaded with artificials should also be kept within reach since ling don’t mind biting on plastic. Soft plastics like curl-tailed grubs or imitation ribbonfish are good baits for lings.
What are your favorite ling lures?
- Matt Williams - Building Trotlines
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Arkansas Angler Catches Piranha, Nearly Loses Finger
- Game Warden Field Notes
- NOAA Fisheries Announced Commercial and Recreational Quota Increases for Red Snapper and the Recreational Seasons in the Gulf of Mexico
- Canvass Care: Extend Your T-Top Life by Years
- Video: African Warthog Nearly Stumbles into Blind, Shot at One Yard
- WATCH: Helicopter Hog Hunting...with a Bow
- Stanford Biologist Gets Squids Eye View