Flounder have a bad habit of running under the boat as you are fiddling with the net. A great solution according to retired flounder guide Capt. Skip James is to “figure eight” them. To do this move the rod in a sweeping “figure eight” motion until a net can be grabbed or if the fish swims directly to the boat being caught and is nowhere near tired.
(Photo courtesy NOAA)
“It disilluions them and breaks their will,” James said.
And it also will help keep you from losing your prized catch.
- Armed Citizens Stop Purse Snatcher - Don't Make These Mistakes [VIDEO]
- Texas rainbow trout stocking
- The 10 Most Annoying Things for Deer Hunters
- Company Creates New Pain-free Method for Measuring Fish
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Crazy Fast Deer Skinning - 1 minute 48 seconds [VIDEO]
- A 90 MPH Center Console Fishing Boat? YES!
- El Nino Ushers in Weird Waterfowling – Observe & Adapt for Waterfowl Success