Flounder have a bad habit of running under the boat as you are fiddling with the net. A great solution according to retired flounder guide Capt. Skip James is to “figure eight” them. To do this move the rod in a sweeping “figure eight” motion until a net can be grabbed or if the fish swims directly to the boat being caught and is nowhere near tired.
(Photo courtesy NOAA)
“It disilluions them and breaks their will,” James said.
And it also will help keep you from losing your prized catch.
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- Past Issues
- Galveston and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited prove powerful combo
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Alligator with Ninja Skills Deftly Climbs Fence (VIDEO)