Flounder have a bad habit of running under the boat as you are fiddling with the net. A great solution according to retired flounder guide Capt. Skip James is to “figure eight” them. To do this move the rod in a sweeping “figure eight” motion until a net can be grabbed or if the fish swims directly to the boat being caught and is nowhere near tired.
(Photo courtesy NOAA)
“It disilluions them and breaks their will,” James said.
And it also will help keep you from losing your prized catch.
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns
- NJ 5th Grader Suspended For Having Nerf Gun ‘Bullet’ in His Pocket
- TX A&M Cadets Marksmanship Unit sweeps Military College Combat Shooting Championship
- Past Issues
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Large Alligator Jumps On Alabama Dock & Eats Dog
- Get the lead out ...