Flounder have a bad habit of running under the boat as you are fiddling with the net. A great solution according to retired flounder guide Capt. Skip James is to “figure eight” them. To do this move the rod in a sweeping “figure eight” motion until a net can be grabbed or if the fish swims directly to the boat being caught and is nowhere near tired.
(Photo courtesy NOAA)
“It disilluions them and breaks their will,” James said.
And it also will help keep you from losing your prized catch.
- FN Tactical Crazy Flexible Magwell Update [VIDEO]
- Oops! Wal-Mart’s ‘Gun Oil’ turns out to be something you won't believe (VIDEO)
- Big ships having problems with menhaden
- Past Issues
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Subscriber Login