Flounder have a bad habit of running under the boat as you are fiddling with the net. A great solution according to retired flounder guide Capt. Skip James is to “figure eight” them. To do this move the rod in a sweeping “figure eight” motion until a net can be grabbed or if the fish swims directly to the boat being caught and is nowhere near tired.
(Photo courtesy NOAA)
“It disilluions them and breaks their will,” James said.
And it also will help keep you from losing your prized catch.
- Reloading .22LR Rimfire
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Are you ready for some dove hunting?
- Skeet Shooting with Asian Carp (VIDEO)
- Important: new BF Goodrich tire recall
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Side Scanning Fishfinders: Marvelous or Myth?
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Past Issues