There is no brand new full-size pickup from Ford this year. (The F-150 which was previewed with the Atlas Concept will be along as a 2015 model.) True to its strategy of keeping the game interesting, however, the pickup truck leader is adding a new 2014 F-150 STX SuperCrew and STX Sport Package.This is in addition to the 2014 F-150 Tremor, which was introduced recently.
I hope to road test both of these at the Texas Truck Rodeo in October, but I do like to give you a heads up when a new iteration of the F-Series is going to be in showrooms in the foreseeable future.
So, here’s the story:
The new F-150 STX SuperCrew is positioned between the XL and XLT models, and is a value-conscious choice for first time pickup owners and others who need work, sport or family transportation — a very large category.
Doug Scott, Ford truck group marketing manager, says that adding the STX SuperCrew and the new STX Sport Package to the 2014 line is a response to economic growth and replacement demand.
The STX comes standard with a V6 engine delivering 302hp, 278-lb.ft. of torque and an estimated 17mpg city/23 mpg highway. There is also a 5.0L V8 rated at 360hp and 380-lb.ft. of torque, which 9,500 lbs. of tow power when properly equipped.
The new better-than-basic entry has upgraded exterior and interior features, including:
- Body-color front bumper fascia, grille surrounds and front/rear step bumpers
- Power Equipment Group includes power door locks, integrated keyhead transmitter remotes, power one-touch up/down windows and sideview mirrors, illuminated entry and perimeter alarm
- 17-inch machined aluminum wheels
- Audio input jack
- Cruise control
- Information display
- MyKey, a programmable feature that allows fleet owners and parents to limit top speed and audio volume, and set speed-alert chimes to encourage safer driving
- Outside temperature display
- 40/20/40 premium cloth bench seat in the front row
- Manual lumbar adjust for driver’s seat
- Air conditioning
- AdvanceTrac with roll stability control
- Tilt steering wheel
- AM/FM stereo with single CD player
The STX Sport Package adds/substitutes:
- 20-inch machined aluminum painted wheels with P275/55r20 TIRES
- Black billet grille with body-color surround
- Black tubular running boards
- Black/gray piston cloth front seats (40/console/40 on SuperCab and SuperCrew; 40/20/40 on regular cab)
- Color-coordinated carpet
- Unique decals on box
Ford’s suggested retail price for the STX SuperCrew starts at $33,145 for the 4×2 version with the standard V6 and $37,570 for the 4×4 version with the 5.0L V8. As of late August, when the STX SuperCrew info was released, discounts will reduce the final price of the STX Sport Package and F-150 Equipment Group 201A which features the trailer tow package, SYNC voice activated controls and SiriusXM satellite radi9o to $980 with delivery destination charges of $1,095.
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Secretary of State John Kerry Signs United Nations Gun Ban Treaty Against Wishes of U.S. Senate
- Man could lose his hand after taking a 'selfie' with a rattlesnake
- 14-year-old with .22 rifle protects 6-year-old siblings during home invasion
- POD - 80 Pound Amber Jack!
- Huge Bobcat Uses Boy as a Scratching Post (VIDEO)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Reloading .22LR Rimfire
- Are you ready for some dove hunting?