In the past I’ve covered one of the highest quality flashlights I’ve ever owned – the Elzetta. The makers of this modular flashlight don’t skimp on anything, and they have created a light that can be trusted with your life. I’ve seen reviews of them being shot, thrown, frozen, submerged, set on fire and even dropped out of a helicopter at 300′ and these lights just keep on shining thanks to their robust casing and potted electronics.
Now, once again, Elzetta pushes the envelope once more by introducing a unique 900 lumen lamp. The standard models boasts of 235 lumens, but now you can swap out the modular lamp and bezel for one that will illuminate 650 lumens for 2 cell models and 900 lumens with the 3 cell.
The most impressive part of this new technology is the AVS (Automatic Voltage Sensing) circuitry that senses if you have a 2 or 3 cell flashlight attached and then illuminates either 650 lumens for 90 minutes or 900 lumens for 105 minutes. That is a very impressive runtime considering the amount of added light.
I promptly mounted my 3 cell to my varmint night rifle and was able to illuminate my entire shooting range at over 100 yards and easily hit all my steel targets. The following pictures hopefully allow you to see an comparison of the brightness to the standard models and other competitors, they were taken at 50 yards on the same exposure setting on a pitch black night and have not been doctored in any way:
- New artificial reefs
- Coyote Tackles Hunter Head-on (VIDEO)
- Epic Battle: Cobra Battles Python (VIDEO)
- Eastern European jiffy pop as 2,000 rounds of ammo get cooked off (VIDEO)
- Army officially solicits new handgun—finally
- Bizarre Battle between World's Most Venomous Fish and Deadly Snake Caught On Camera
- IMR PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE FOR IMR®4007SSC POWDER
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Skeet Shooting with Asian Carp (VIDEO)