Folks tell me the most memorable shot on Top Shot was when I shot the golf ball at 100 yards.
That shot was pretty crazy I’ll admit. Sure, most any marksman can do it. But the trick was doing it on demand, under pressure, with a rifle that wasn’t mine, that wasn’t properly zeroed, in unfamiliar conditions, and I only got 1 tiny .22LR round to do so with. I was successful, and it got me into the final challenge to win the grand prize.
I always like challenging myself on the range, and while my Volquartsen Custom makes a golf ball a very easy target at 300′ I grabbed my daughter’s Savage Rascal in order to see what could be done with it.
After finally connecting with steel and zeroing the peep sight as well as I could I found that I could whack a golf ball when I put the ball tipping right at 11 o’clock off the front sight. Those things are crazy small at that distance, but during my warm up session before I turned the camera on I hit 4 in a row.
After turning the camera on it took me three rounds to connect, but hey, with bulk Federal ammo and a stock youth .22, I’m plenty happy with the results:
- Coyote Tackles Hunter Head-on (VIDEO)
- New artificial reefs
- IMR PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE FOR IMR®4007SSC POWDER
- Prairie Dog Shooting in Wyoming - [VIDEO]
- Going dove hunting this weekend?
- 2 sharks caught in Potomac River, no they were not members of congress (VIDEO)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Eastern European jiffy pop as 2,000 rounds of ammo get cooked off (VIDEO)