I’m a live and let live kind of guy.
To tell the truth there are times I probably let people get away with a little too much on certain things in world of fishing and hunting than I should. However, flounder poaching in any form has got to go.
I have heard numerous, reliable reports of anglers keeping not only more than the two fish allowed in November and the five fish the rest of the year but ice chests full of flounder (rod and reel and gig) over the last few years.
These are not anglers who forgot the regulations but who could care less about our resource. We are trying to protect this resource and 99 percent of the people are in compliance. In fact, most anglers have embraced the new regulations and said it gives them a new appreciation for the resource. Those however who are keeping far more than their limit deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law.
You can turn them in anonymously at 1-800-792-GAME (Operation Game Thief) and receive a cash reward if a conviction is made.
Some of the people involved in the flounder poaching are likely selling their catches which is subject to even more punishment. Whether you are recreational or commercial, rod and reel or gigger you should not tolerate flounder poaching and flounder poaches.
They steal from us all.
Top Posts & Pages
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- Houston police catch cobra at high-rise apartment complex
- Snake Selfie Ends with $153K Medical Bill
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- Man Jumps Zoo Fence to Pet Cougars (VIDEO)
- Alligator with Ninja Skills Deftly Climbs Fence (VIDEO)
- Monster Trout
Recently Liked Posts