A convenience store owner was shot during a robbery on Nov. 11 in Bassfield, Mississippi, but then turned the tables and opened fire on the robber shooting him at least 10 times.
It was in the early morning hours when the suspect, armed with a gun, walked into the Get and Go convenience store and demanded the clerk hand over the store’s cash, WDAM reports. But before the clerk could collect all of the cash, the robber shot the clerk in the leg.
The suspect then left the store, but apparently got greedy and decided to return moments later to grab the rest of the cash that was left behind. However, the suspect’s greediness would prove to be a fatal flaw.
Within those moments that the suspect walked out of the store, the clerk was able to retrieve his 9mm handgun, and when the robber walked back inside, the clerk opened fire. When officers arrived, the suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to Jefferson David County Coroner Jimmy Slater, the suspect, identified as 35-year-old LeRobert Young of Bassfield, had 11 to 13 gunshot wounds.
The store clerk was transported to a local hospital where he underwent surgery and is expected to make a full recovery.
No charges are expected to be filed against the clerk.
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- Angler Catches Near-world Record Marlin on His Birthday
- Missouri Man Shoots 14-foot Python, Larger 18-footer Captured in Florida
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- Nice bass in the city canals.
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)