A man shot and killed while breaking into a Cedar Hill home is the stepson of the city’s mayor, a police source told News 8.
According to the source, 31-year-old Joshua Slaven was fatally shot by a homeowner as he broke into a residence located on Stoney Creek Drive at about midnight Tuesday.
Slaven is the stepson of Cedar Hill Mayor Rob Franke.
A grand jury will likely review the incident.
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Angler Catches Near-world Record Marlin on His Birthday
- Houston police catch cobra at high-rise apartment complex
- 8-year-old searching for the owner of lost Air Force ring (VIDEO)
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you
- Big Bags and Catches Photo Contest is Back!