When a 5-year-old pit bull named Blue attacked and killed a small Jack Russell terrier at the Animal Friends shelter earlier this year, the staff gave him a second chance because he was friendly and affectionate with people, was responding well to training, and the circumstances that led to the death were unusual.
Blue was euthanized Thursday because of a second incident just before Thanksgiving when he made an unprovoked attack on a leashed dog that didn’t fight back and, in fact, tried to get away from Blue. That dog, also a pit bull, survived.
Blue was rescued from “an abusive home,” had been in the Ohio Township shelter for 11 months and was a favorite with many of the staff and volunteers, said Kathleen Beaver, chief operating officer. “It is very sad here. We did love Blue.”
“It was not safe to place him in our community” in a private home, says the statement Animal Friends put on its Facebook page Friday. It had “become clear to us that Blue has scars beyond what even we — or we believe anyone else — can heal.
Source: Pittsburg Post-Gazette
- FN Tactical Crazy Flexible Magwell Update [VIDEO]
- Oops! Wal-Mart’s ‘Gun Oil’ turns out to be something you won't believe (VIDEO)
- Big ships having problems with menhaden
- Past Issues
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Subscriber Login