A freak accident killed a baby and critically injured her mother in Tomball Tuesday night. A large branch fell on them outside the Lone Star Behavioral Health Clinic on Quinn Road.
The mother and other volunteers were putting up Christmas decorations around 8 p.m. when the branch fell without warning.
Police, fire and EMS crews responded and worked to free the mother and toddler.
A Life Flight helicopter rushed the baby girl to Memorial Hermann Hospital but she didn’t survive.
The mother was listed in critical condition at last check. The victims’ names have not been released.
Check back for more details on this developing story.
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Master Archer Lars Andersen - Myth Busted? [VIDEO]
- Past Issues
- Man dies trying to suck venom from decapitated snake to boost his immunity
- Applications for TPWD Drawn Hunts is now open
- Choosing Your First Defensive Rifle
- Man reels in possible world record trout in Indian River