A freak accident killed a baby and critically injured her mother in Tomball Tuesday night. A large branch fell on them outside the Lone Star Behavioral Health Clinic on Quinn Road.
The mother and other volunteers were putting up Christmas decorations around 8 p.m. when the branch fell without warning.
Police, fire and EMS crews responded and worked to free the mother and toddler.
A Life Flight helicopter rushed the baby girl to Memorial Hermann Hospital but she didn’t survive.
The mother was listed in critical condition at last check. The victims’ names have not been released.
Check back for more details on this developing story.
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Snake Selfie Ends with $153K Medical Bill
- Alligator with Ninja Skills Deftly Climbs Fence (VIDEO)
- Man Jumps Zoo Fence to Pet Cougars (VIDEO)
- Monster Trout
- Too big red
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you