A few weeks ago the ATF opened a comment period for proposed rule changes. The initial rumor was that they were going to eliminate the useless local CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) sign off that was necessary to own a type III weapon (suppressor, machine gun, short barreled rifle, AOW [Any Other Weapon]). Turns out, instead of relaxing infringements they gave us a big “Just Kidding!” and now the plan is:
ATF does not propose to eliminate the CLEO certification at this time. Rather, ATF proposes extending the CLEO certificate requirement to responsible persons of a legal entity.
In the past, if your local sheriff or judge didn’t want to allow you to exercise your God given 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear certain type of arms, you could still own one by forming a legal trust or corporation and after going through the FBI background check, waiting 6-9 months, sending in your voluntary $200 tax/bribe/infringement you might be able to own one. But now, under the new useless proposed rule that wouldn’t be possible.
Instead for a NFA (National Firearms Act) gun trust ownership EVERY trustee (your wife, business partner, best friend who likes to shoot with you, etc) would be required to submit fingerprints, photographs and get a CLEO’s signed permission.
Call to action: Comment on the ATF’s proposed rule and politely and intelligently tell them how this won’t reduce crime in any fashion and only infringe on law abiding citizens even more. You can do that here: http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=ATF-2013-0001-0001 until Monday, December 9th.
You can read the full set of proposed infringements here: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=ATF-2013-0001-3430
- Hackers Infiltrate TrackingPoint Rifle [VIDEO]
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Missouri Man Shoots 14-foot Python, Larger 18-footer Captured in Florida
- Angler Catches Near-world Record Marlin on His Birthday
- Video Captures Incredible Shark Attack on Angler’s Fish
- Know what to do in case your dog gets a snakebite
- July 2015
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)