Officials with the Montgomery County Health Department are on a mission to find out more about a mystery flu-like illness.
So far, half of the people who have come down with it have died.
According to the health department, all of the patients have had flu-like and/or pneumonia like symptoms. However, all of them have tested negative for the flu.
There have been eight confirmed patients ranging in age from 41 to 68. Four of those patients have died.
Sources told WFAA sister station KHOU that two of the surviving patients are being treated at Conroe Regional Medical Center and are “very sick.”
Those sources said doctors are being advised to use extra precaution to prevent this from spreading.
It’s unclear if any of the patients had pre-existing conditions.
The Montgomery County Health Department is waiting on more conclusive test results. Officials are hoping they will have more answers in the days to come.
- Armed Citizens Stop Purse Snatcher - Don't Make These Mistakes [VIDEO]
- Texas rainbow trout stocking
- The 10 Most Annoying Things for Deer Hunters
- Company Creates New Pain-free Method for Measuring Fish
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Crazy Fast Deer Skinning - 1 minute 48 seconds [VIDEO]
- El Nino Ushers in Weird Waterfowling – Observe & Adapt for Waterfowl Success
- A 90 MPH Center Console Fishing Boat? YES!