She was confronted by a pack of coyotes during a morning jog on Padre Island, just off of Whitecap, over the weekend. Now, she is speaking out about her close encounter.
At first, Amanda Stoner had no idea what had been following her on her morning jog. It was 5:30 a.m., dark outside, and she had her earphones in. That’s until her dog went into defense mode.
We all know coyotes are common in the area. Most of the time they keep their distance, and it’s not often that they are found on city streets. Stoner has seen them before on her morning jogs, but this time was different.
It was along Das Marinas, a residential street off Whitecap, where Stoner, her dog Diesel, and a Labrador puppy came across a lone coyote.
“I continued to run out here because I couldn’t see anything around me,” Stoner said. “Was worried because I know they don’t travel alone unless they are hurt or sick.”
Instead of losing interest, the coyote followed Stoner. She made it to Whitecap when she says three more coyotes came out of the nearby brush and surrounded her and the two dogs.
Source: KIII TV
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Angler Catches Near-world Record Marlin on His Birthday
- Houston police catch cobra at high-rise apartment complex
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you
- 8-year-old searching for the owner of lost Air Force ring (VIDEO)
- Big Bags and Catches Photo Contest is Back!