Texas Parks and Wildlife Department has signed temporary leased access agreements with four Guadalupe River property owners to expand public access to the trout fishery downstream of Canyon Lake.
Public fishing access will be available at Mountain Breeze Campground, Rio Guadalupe Resort (formerly Rio Raft and Resort), and Whitewater Sports from Friday through March 7. Public fishing access will also be available at Camp Huaco Springs beginning Friday and continuing through February 2, 2014.
Recognized as one of the top 100 trout streams in America and the southernmost trout stream in the United States, this segment of the Guadalupe River is managed through special fishing regulations (http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/fishregs2.php?water=1244) and is stocked in the winter months by TPWD (http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/management/stocking/guadalupe.phtml) and the Guadalupe River Chapter of Trout Unlimited.
The leases provide anglers with free access to the Guadalupe River at the four properties from 30 minutes before daylight until 30 minutes after dusk. Anglers will be able to use the properties for bank fishing and to launch non-motorized watercraft such as rafts, kayaks and canoes for the purpose of fishing. The leases at Mountain Breeze Campground, Rio Guadalupe Resort, and Whitewater Sports were made possible with funding provided by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation.
For additional information or directions to the leased fishing access areas, call or visit the following websites.
- Mountain Breeze Campground (http://mountainbreezecamp.com/)
9250 River Road, New Braunfels, TX 78132, (830) 964-2484
- Rio Guadalupe Resort (10 vehicle limit) (http://rioguadaluperesort.com/)
14130 River Road, New Braunfels, TX 78132, (830) 964-3613
- Whitewater Sports (http://www.floattheguadalupe.com/)
11860 Farm to Market 306, New Braunfels, TX 78132, (830) 964-3800
- Camp Huaco Springs (http://www.camphuacosprings.com/)
4150 River Road, New Braunfels, TX 78132, (830) 625-5430
For information on other river fishing access areas throughout the state, visit http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/rivers/
- Giant Intake Vortex - Denison Dam, Lake Texoma (VIDEO)
- The Corcl: An All-New Kind of Boat
- Designers of “Catch Enlarger” Device Launch Kickstarter Campaign
- Past Issues
- Check Out This Rare "Sofa Shark" That Was Caught Near Scotland
- Subscriber Login
- ATF Claims Soda-launching “Can Cannon” is Restricted Device