Heidi Diedrich saved her dog JoJo’s life when she adopted the 2-year-old pit bull from a county shelter in March.
Eight months later, JoJo tried returning the favor when the two were attacked by a pack of javelina during an early morning stroll Thanksgiving Day in a park near Diedrich’s Scottsdale Ranch condo, in the area of 96th Street and Via Linda.
“We went out at 6 in the morning,” she said. “I didn’t really think twice about it. I’ve taken him out there (before).”
Diedrich said it was still dark outside and with few lights around the property, the park was pitch black.
“All of a sudden I just hear hooves behind me,” she said.
Diedrich, who said she weighs about 100 pounds, said she then was hit hard by the charging animals and thrown to the ground.
“I couldn’t see anything,” she said. “I just know I kicked something.”
It turned out that the javelinas were more interested in JoJo than they were Diedrich. She estimated there were up to five javelinas.
Source: The Arizona Republic
- The Corcl: An All-New Kind of Boat
- Minnesota Man Accused of Drowning Trophy Buck with Pontoon Boat
- Big ships having problems with menhaden
- Game Warden Field Notes
- FN Tactical Crazy Flexible Magwell Update [VIDEO]
- Lake Waco volunteer group installs ‘crappie condos’ to improve fishing
- Supreme Court Will Refuse To Hear “Assault Weapons” Ban Case. Here’s Why.
- New Red Tide sightings
- Giant Intake Vortex - Denison Dam, Lake Texoma (VIDEO)