Heidi Diedrich saved her dog JoJo’s life when she adopted the 2-year-old pit bull from a county shelter in March.
Eight months later, JoJo tried returning the favor when the two were attacked by a pack of javelina during an early morning stroll Thanksgiving Day in a park near Diedrich’s Scottsdale Ranch condo, in the area of 96th Street and Via Linda.
“We went out at 6 in the morning,” she said. “I didn’t really think twice about it. I’ve taken him out there (before).”
Diedrich said it was still dark outside and with few lights around the property, the park was pitch black.
“All of a sudden I just hear hooves behind me,” she said.
Diedrich, who said she weighs about 100 pounds, said she then was hit hard by the charging animals and thrown to the ground.
“I couldn’t see anything,” she said. “I just know I kicked something.”
It turned out that the javelinas were more interested in JoJo than they were Diedrich. She estimated there were up to five javelinas.
Source: The Arizona Republic
- A 60 MPH Pontoon Boat? YEAH!!
- Man Attempts to Feed Snake a Fish, Gets Bitten Instead (VIDEO)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- World’s Fattest Great White? Massive Shark Tagged By Ocearch
- POD - Baffin Bay Trout
- Hackers Infiltrate TrackingPoint Rifle [VIDEO]
- Kentucky Man Arrested for Shooting Drone Hovering over His Property
- Hiker Comes Face-to-face with Mountain Lion (VIDEO)
- Know what to do in case your dog gets a snakebite