On Jan. 12, Leesville’s Robert Craft Jr. and his brother Jason motored out of South Toledo Bend State Park to fish some very cold waters according to Louisiana Sportsman magazine.
It was a bluebird, windy day, and the anglers were fishing right after a blast of Arctic air had moved through the area.
It was a long day, and the brothers scored only four keepers that morning.
“I had three bass, and they were taken between 15- and 22-feet on the grass line,” said Robert, 40. “I like to look at that grass line on my chart and stay on top of it at this time of the year.”
Robert was flipping green and pumpkin Zoom Z-Hogs pegged to 1-ounce tungsten weights. His 65-pound braided line was tied to a Quantum reel on an Abu Garcia medium/heavy rod.
At about 3 p.m., Craft made his way to Louisiana Island to get a little protection from the wind.
Source: Louisiana Sportsman
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Snake Selfie Ends with $153K Medical Bill
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- Man Jumps Zoo Fence to Pet Cougars (VIDEO)
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you
- Alligator with Ninja Skills Deftly Climbs Fence (VIDEO)
- Cobra Chases Down and Attacks Chameleon (VIDEO)
- Chronic Wasting Disease found in Texas deer