On Jan. 12, Leesville’s Robert Craft Jr. and his brother Jason motored out of South Toledo Bend State Park to fish some very cold waters according to Louisiana Sportsman magazine.
It was a bluebird, windy day, and the anglers were fishing right after a blast of Arctic air had moved through the area.
It was a long day, and the brothers scored only four keepers that morning.
“I had three bass, and they were taken between 15- and 22-feet on the grass line,” said Robert, 40. “I like to look at that grass line on my chart and stay on top of it at this time of the year.”
Robert was flipping green and pumpkin Zoom Z-Hogs pegged to 1-ounce tungsten weights. His 65-pound braided line was tied to a Quantum reel on an Abu Garcia medium/heavy rod.
At about 3 p.m., Craft made his way to Louisiana Island to get a little protection from the wind.
Source: Louisiana Sportsman
- Reloading .22LR Rimfire
- Walmart halts AR sales, shifts to hunting rifles and shotguns
- Are you ready for some dove hunting?
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Man Attempts to Feed Snake a Fish, Gets Bitten Instead (VIDEO)
- Past Issues