A deer named Vinny will be removed from a Tampa Bay-area wildlife sanctuary where it gored a woman in the eye.
Officials said Vinny will be removed from Survival Outreach Sanctuary in Spring Hill on Monday by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. It isn’t clear where the deer will be taken.
On Friday, the 75-year-old sister of the sanctuary’s owner was attacked by the deer. Doctors removed the woman’s right eye. She remains hospitalized.
A week before the deer attack, one of the sanctuary’s lions dug out of its cage. Savannah never made it off the sanctuary’s fenced-in property, but its escape attempt made national news. The sanctuary’s owner received a misdemeanor citation for improper caging that allowed an animal to escape.
- Giant Intake Vortex - Denison Dam, Lake Texoma (VIDEO)
- Big ships having problems with menhaden
- Check Out This Rare "Sofa Shark" That Was Caught Near Scotland
- FN Tactical Crazy Flexible Magwell Update [VIDEO]
- Special Youth-Only hunting seasons
- Oops! Wal-Mart’s ‘Gun Oil’ turns out to be something you won't believe (VIDEO)
- Past Issues