The gunmaker Mossberg has teamed with Duck Commander, the company owned by “Duck Dynasty’s” Robertson clan, to release nine different shotguns, as well as two semiautomatic rifles and a semiautomatic pistol.
Mossberg has begun shipping some of the shotguns to distributors, according to spokeswoman Linda Powell. She declined to name specific retailers that will carry them.
Duck Commander was founded 40 years ago by Phil Robertson, the family patriarch who was recently suspended — and then reinstated — by A&E after making controversial remarks about gay people and African-Americans. He and his sons are featured prominently in four video ads for the new guns on Mossberg’s web site. Phil narrates one of the spots saying, “Do you know what makes me happy ladies and gentlemen? To blow a mallard drake’s head smooth off.”
- El Nino Ushers in Weird Waterfowling – Observe & Adapt for Waterfowl Success
- The 10 Most Annoying Things for Deer Hunters
- New State Law Confirms Those Licensed to Carry in Texas Are Allowed in City Hall
- Late fall and winter fishing techniques along the middle coast
- Texas' newest open range state record non-typical whitetail buck
- Subscriber Login
- Past Issues
- Bastrop County: Here, piggy piggy piggy