Japanese Shigenori Goto said he found the 13ft long squid swimming in one of his fixed nets off the island in Niigata Prefecture when he hauled it in early on Wednesday morning.
According to Mr Goto, the net, set to catch Japanese amberjack, was placed at a depth of around 70m deep about two-thirds of a mile from the coast.
“This is the first time I’ve seen such a large squid,” he told local media in Japan.
The squid was taken to a local government marine research institute in Niigata for research.
Source: The Telegraph
- NJ 5th Grader Suspended For Having Nerf Gun ‘Bullet’ in His Pocket
- Watch: Snake takes a ride on the windshield of a car
- Hunting constitutional amendment clears Texas Legislature
- Boat Trailers: Bunks versus Rollers
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Get the lead out ...
- Past Issues