Japanese Shigenori Goto said he found the 13ft long squid swimming in one of his fixed nets off the island in Niigata Prefecture when he hauled it in early on Wednesday morning.
According to Mr Goto, the net, set to catch Japanese amberjack, was placed at a depth of around 70m deep about two-thirds of a mile from the coast.
“This is the first time I’ve seen such a large squid,” he told local media in Japan.
The squid was taken to a local government marine research institute in Niigata for research.
Source: The Telegraph
- Walmart halts AR sales, shifts to hunting rifles and shotguns
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Huge Bobcat Uses Boy as a Scratching Post (VIDEO)
- Past Issues
- Man Attempts to Feed Snake a Fish, Gets Bitten Instead (VIDEO)