A man says he has been raising a duckling in his beard — and he has the photos to prove he isn’t a quack.
Reddit user Spongi said he failed to hatch chicken eggs but, somehow, a duck egg that got in the batch ended up hatching. Given the social nature of ducks, Spongi wrote on Imgur, he tried to provide enough companionship for the animal and, at times, provided little Peeps shelter in his vast chin undergrowth.
“Peeps doesn’t have a mother’s wing to go under, so my beard had to do,” he wrote in a pictorial that chronicles their quirky storybook bonding.
Spongi later notes that the duck, which has now outgrown his beard and prefers to perch on his shoulder to watch TV, will be able to spread its wings when it goes outside in the spring.
In addition, Peeps soon may have company: His owner says he’s incubating three more duck eggs. (In the clip above, Yahoo! quips that Spongi will then have his own “duck dynasty.”)
Source: Huffington Post
- Shark Devours Angler’s Catch in 5 Feet of Water (VIDEO)
- Man reels in possible world record trout in Indian River
- Coral snake antidote shortage poses ethical questions
- The Top 5 Most Beloved US Service Handguns
- Texas teen attacked by alligator, saved by father; both remain in hospital
- Fox News Host Accidentally Hits Army Drummer with Axe (VIDEO)
- The man who keeps finding new species of shark
- Bye-Bye Second Amendment
- One Dead Tree. One .50 Caliber Rifle. Some Binary Explosives. BOOM. [VIDEO]