Michelin North America is recalling Michelin LTX M/X tires for tread separation problems which can lead to rapid air loss resulting in possible loss of vehicle control and increased risk of a crash.
The tires in question were produced from January 10, 2010 and June 23, 2012 and were used as original equipment on certain Ford vehicles and sold as replacement equipment on a range of various brand commercial light trucks, full-size heavy duty vans, small RVs and some large pickup trucks (which I would translate to 3/4-ton or larger).
Michelin will notify original owners and Michelin dealers will replace the tires free of charge. If you have purchased a used vehicle which may have these tires, you should follow up yourself since there is no way for the company to track you down.
The recall is expected to begin on January 6, 2014.
If you need additional information, contact the Michelin Consumer Care hotline at 800-231-5893 between 8am and 8pm weekdays or 8:30am to 4:30pm on weekends.
- Hackers Infiltrate TrackingPoint Rifle [VIDEO]
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Missouri Man Shoots 14-foot Python, Larger 18-footer Captured in Florida
- Angler Catches Near-world Record Marlin on His Birthday
- Video Captures Incredible Shark Attack on Angler’s Fish
- July 2015
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Know what to do in case your dog gets a snakebite
- Helicopter Hog Eradication in North Texas [video]