Michelin North America is recalling Michelin LTX M/X tires for tread separation problems which can lead to rapid air loss resulting in possible loss of vehicle control and increased risk of a crash.
The tires in question were produced from January 10, 2010 and June 23, 2012 and were used as original equipment on certain Ford vehicles and sold as replacement equipment on a range of various brand commercial light trucks, full-size heavy duty vans, small RVs and some large pickup trucks (which I would translate to 3/4-ton or larger).
Michelin will notify original owners and Michelin dealers will replace the tires free of charge. If you have purchased a used vehicle which may have these tires, you should follow up yourself since there is no way for the company to track you down.
The recall is expected to begin on January 6, 2014.
If you need additional information, contact the Michelin Consumer Care hotline at 800-231-5893 between 8am and 8pm weekdays or 8:30am to 4:30pm on weekends.
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Man could lose his hand after taking a 'selfie' with a rattlesnake
- Secretary of State John Kerry Signs United Nations Gun Ban Treaty Against Wishes of U.S. Senate
- Huge Bobcat Uses Boy as a Scratching Post (VIDEO)
- 14-year-old with .22 rifle protects 6-year-old siblings during home invasion
- Protect Your Right to Hunt and Fish in Texas - Vote!
- POD - 80 Pound Amber Jack!
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Toledo Bend Lake #1