A woman died from an apparent dog attack Sunday morning in a southeast Houston neighborhood, police said.
Three victims were attacked around 2 a.m. on Glen Prairie near Leonora by at least two female pit bulls, according to authorities. The dogs are estimated to be about 1-year-old and 30 pounds, according to the City of Houston Animal Control manager.
A woman in her 40s, who was homeless and often seen in the neighborhood, died at the scene of multiple wounds, police and witnesses said.
A second victim is being treated at Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital. A third person suffered minor injuries.
That man, 21-year-old Osby Pineles, who lives in the neighborhood, said the woman was already dead and a dog appeared to be eating her when he approached the body to try to get the dog away.
The dog then attacked him – bloodying his legs and arms.
Source: The Houston Chronicle
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Applications for TPWD Drawn Hunts is now open
- Man dies trying to suck venom from decapitated snake to boost his immunity
- What to do if You Encounter an Alligator
- BP and five Gulf states announced an $18.7 billion settlement
- Past Issues
- Bass Anglers for Saltwater Conservation
- Man reels in possible world record trout in Indian River
- Choosing Your First Defensive Rifle