LAS VEGAS — Here at the SHOT Show it’s easy to get swept away by the overload of great news about what guns mean to America.
After all, there are over 60,000 people from the ammunition, guns and hunting industry here for this 36th edition of the SHOT Show, which stands for Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show. No way I can be around this many guns, this many guns and ammo lovers without smelling the gunpowder and getting high on it.
Last night we stood and shouted out the Pledge of Allegiance. I say shout because, honestly, I heard some very loud and deep voices that rattled the room before magicians Penn and Teller performed. Penn and Teller literally capped off their act by shooting .357 magnum guns directly at each other to pull off one of their amazing acts I ever saw. That says all you need to know about that night. There was knife-throwing, fish filleting, some gun jokes and more.
Long-time outdoor writer and legend Jim Zumbo received the Grits Gresham Award for top outdoor writer by the Professional Outdoor Media Association, and Zumbo represents a comeback story in this industry. Zumbo was crucified for a blog post in which he came out against the use of the AR-15 for hunting. He stepped on his trigger and shot himself in the career. He lost sponsors, shows, was attacked by the NRA and other gun activists. His self-inflicted tongue wound on the black guns put him on the black list in this industry for a spell.
Source: UT San Diego
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)
- Extensive Ram recalls may affect you
- Snake Selfie Ends with $153K Medical Bill
- Chronic Wasting Disease found in Texas deer
- Cobra Chases Down and Attacks Chameleon (VIDEO)
- Massive Taurus Safety Settlement Could Include 100,000 Pistols
- Demo Ranch goes for the largest binary explosion on the internet (VIDEO)
- Man Jumps Zoo Fence to Pet Cougars (VIDEO)