A white-tailed deer did not survive an encounter with two cheetahs after apparently jumping into their enclosure Friday at the National Zoo, authorities said.
It was the most recent of the violent confrontations in the Washington region involving deer, which have been proliferating.
In the zoo incident, the dead deer was found in the cheetah exhibit about 11:40 a.m. after a keeper heard a commotion, the zoo said. The zoo said the cheetahs appeared unharmed.
In November 2009, a deer, apparently from the adjacent Rock Creek Park, jumped a zoo wall and was killed by two lions.
Source: The Washington Post
- NJ 5th Grader Suspended For Having Nerf Gun ‘Bullet’ in His Pocket
- Watch: Snake takes a ride on the windshield of a car
- Hunting constitutional amendment clears Texas Legislature
- Boat Trailers: Bunks versus Rollers
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- ATF confiscate 3,000 guns from Stag Arms over NFA violations
- Past Issues