A white-tailed deer did not survive an encounter with two cheetahs after apparently jumping into their enclosure Friday at the National Zoo, authorities said.
It was the most recent of the violent confrontations in the Washington region involving deer, which have been proliferating.
In the zoo incident, the dead deer was found in the cheetah exhibit about 11:40 a.m. after a keeper heard a commotion, the zoo said. The zoo said the cheetahs appeared unharmed.
In November 2009, a deer, apparently from the adjacent Rock Creek Park, jumped a zoo wall and was killed by two lions.
Source: The Washington Post
- A 60 MPH Pontoon Boat? YEAH!!
- Man Attempts to Feed Snake a Fish, Gets Bitten Instead (VIDEO)
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- World’s Fattest Great White? Massive Shark Tagged By Ocearch
- POD - Baffin Bay Trout
- Kentucky Man Arrested for Shooting Drone Hovering over His Property
- Hackers Infiltrate TrackingPoint Rifle [VIDEO]
- Hiker Comes Face-to-face with Mountain Lion (VIDEO)
- Know what to do in case your dog gets a snakebite