A white-tailed deer did not survive an encounter with two cheetahs after apparently jumping into their enclosure Friday at the National Zoo, authorities said.
It was the most recent of the violent confrontations in the Washington region involving deer, which have been proliferating.
In the zoo incident, the dead deer was found in the cheetah exhibit about 11:40 a.m. after a keeper heard a commotion, the zoo said. The zoo said the cheetahs appeared unharmed.
In November 2009, a deer, apparently from the adjacent Rock Creek Park, jumped a zoo wall and was killed by two lions.
Source: The Washington Post
- Important Change to Texas Knife Laws is Coming Sept. 1
- Protect Your Right to Hunt and Fish in Texas - Vote!
- Man could lose his hand after taking a 'selfie' with a rattlesnake
- Secretary of State John Kerry Signs United Nations Gun Ban Treaty Against Wishes of U.S. Senate
- Huge Bobcat Uses Boy as a Scratching Post (VIDEO)
- Toledo Bend Lake #1
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- POD - 80 Pound Amber Jack!
- POD - Galveston Bay Speckled Trout