A white-tailed deer did not survive an encounter with two cheetahs after apparently jumping into their enclosure Friday at the National Zoo, authorities said.
It was the most recent of the violent confrontations in the Washington region involving deer, which have been proliferating.
In the zoo incident, the dead deer was found in the cheetah exhibit about 11:40 a.m. after a keeper heard a commotion, the zoo said. The zoo said the cheetahs appeared unharmed.
In November 2009, a deer, apparently from the adjacent Rock Creek Park, jumped a zoo wall and was killed by two lions.
Source: The Washington Post
- Mistakes Anglers Make - Don't Do This!
- Past Issues
- The Universal Suppressor - Griffin Armament Optimus Review
- North America’s Largest White Deer Herd Suffers Dramatic Decline
- Reducing the minimum largemouth bass size below Toledo Bend; fixing a clerical error on maximum length of limit on black drum
- "Hard headed and patient"
- All About that Bass