Sen. Edward Markey has unveiled a gun control bill he says will help reduce firearm violence by requiring all new guns be “personalized” with special features, such as fingerprint-reading technology, so they can only be fired by their owners or other authorized users.
The Massachusetts Democrat says the bill will make it harder for stolen guns to be used in crimes and will reduce accidental firearm deaths by making it impossible for children to fire guns they find Markey said technology already exists to make guns inoperable for unauthorized users.
Markey, who detailed the bill Wednesday, also called on President Obama to include $10 million in his budget proposal for gun violence research.
Markey said his bill should be embraced by gun owners and safety advocates, but any gun control measure will likely come up against tough opposition in Congress.
Source: Fox n
- The Corcl: An All-New Kind of Boat
- Minnesota Man Accused of Drowning Trophy Buck with Pontoon Boat
- Big ships having problems with menhaden
- Game Warden Field Notes
- FN Tactical Crazy Flexible Magwell Update [VIDEO]
- Lake Waco volunteer group installs ‘crappie condos’ to improve fishing
- Supreme Court Will Refuse To Hear “Assault Weapons” Ban Case. Here’s Why.
- New Red Tide sightings
- Giant Intake Vortex - Denison Dam, Lake Texoma (VIDEO)