Sen. Edward Markey has unveiled a gun control bill he says will help reduce firearm violence by requiring all new guns be “personalized” with special features, such as fingerprint-reading technology, so they can only be fired by their owners or other authorized users.
The Massachusetts Democrat says the bill will make it harder for stolen guns to be used in crimes and will reduce accidental firearm deaths by making it impossible for children to fire guns they find Markey said technology already exists to make guns inoperable for unauthorized users.
Markey, who detailed the bill Wednesday, also called on President Obama to include $10 million in his budget proposal for gun violence research.
Markey said his bill should be embraced by gun owners and safety advocates, but any gun control measure will likely come up against tough opposition in Congress.
Source: Fox n
- Florida Man Tries to Kiss Cottonmouth Snake, Hospitalized after Bite
- Past Issues
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns
- Fishing for alligator gar in portions of the Trinity River prohibited
- Texas Biggest Bass
- Feral hog control possible with advanced trapping system
- Watch: Snake takes a ride on the windshield of a car