Sen. Edward Markey has unveiled a gun control bill he says will help reduce firearm violence by requiring all new guns be “personalized” with special features, such as fingerprint-reading technology, so they can only be fired by their owners or other authorized users.
The Massachusetts Democrat says the bill will make it harder for stolen guns to be used in crimes and will reduce accidental firearm deaths by making it impossible for children to fire guns they find Markey said technology already exists to make guns inoperable for unauthorized users.
Markey, who detailed the bill Wednesday, also called on President Obama to include $10 million in his budget proposal for gun violence research.
Markey said his bill should be embraced by gun owners and safety advocates, but any gun control measure will likely come up against tough opposition in Congress.
Source: Fox n
- A 60 MPH Pontoon Boat? YEAH!!
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- Hackers Infiltrate TrackingPoint Rifle [VIDEO]
- Man Attempts to Feed Snake a Fish, Gets Bitten Instead (VIDEO)
- World’s Fattest Great White? Massive Shark Tagged By Ocearch
- POD - Baffin Bay Trout
- Kentucky Man Arrested for Shooting Drone Hovering over His Property
- Know what to do in case your dog gets a snakebite
- Missouri Man Shoots 14-foot Python, Larger 18-footer Captured in Florida