A 60-year-old British Columbia woman was rescued from a savage cougar attack when her boyfriend charged the animal in her defense. In what’s being cited as the first case in North America of a spear being used to kill a cougar in self-defense, the Flores Island resident came to the aid of his girlfriend, who was being mauled in her own garden.
The defender’s weapon of choice was likely a matter of grabbing the nearest handy item. Reports suggest that the spear was intended for boar hunting. The man stabbed the mountain lion several times before the animal retreated. While the woman sustained severe injuries, including deep puncture wounds and a crushed skull, she is expected to recover. Her savior is being hailed as a hero.
Source: Griffins Guide
- Hackers Infiltrate TrackingPoint Rifle [VIDEO]
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]
- A 60 MPH Pontoon Boat? YEAH!!
- Missouri Man Shoots 14-foot Python, Larger 18-footer Captured in Florida
- Video Captures Incredible Shark Attack on Angler’s Fish
- Angler Catches Near-world Record Marlin on His Birthday
- Know what to do in case your dog gets a snakebite
- POD - Baffin Bay Trout
- 10 Terrible Boating Fails You Have to See to Believe (VIDEOS)