Every year, Jared Adams makes his first fishing trip for Toledo Bend bass in February, then transitions to saltwater fishing after early spring.
Before he became a licensed charter guide for trophy speckled trout and redfish on Calcasieu Lake, Adams spent much of his youth fishing on the Bend – his father was a well-known competitive bass anger there.
So he knew from years of experience where some of Toledo Bend’s lunker bass might be lurking last Sunday, Feb. 9.
“I had a little spot I find them every February,” said Adams, 30, of Sulphur. “The location is outside a secondary grassline on a hump of the edge of a creek near the Hausen area.”
According to Adams, big bass are fond of this area because they more easily transition early from the river into the Six Mile area, Hausen Bay and the Indian Mounds.
Source: Louisiana Sportsman
- Oklahoma Man Gets Bitten by Snake While Walking and Texting (VIDEO)
- Ruger LCP Recall Info
- Snakebite Kills Missouri Man After He Refuses Medical Attention Over Cost
- Screaming kayak angler catches giant goliath grouper (VIDEO)
- Check out Gov. Abbott's Tweet Responding to the Passing of Open Carry
- Cow shot outside McDonald’s after running away from slaughterhouse
- BREAKING: Texas lawmakers OK licensed open carry of handguns
- 2016 F-150 offers Pro Trailer Backup Assist System
- Twin Record White Bass