The Texas Parks & Wildlife Department have made official proposals to the 2014-15 Statewide Recreational and Commercial Fishing Proclamation to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission. Three of these involve coastal fisheries and two are sure to get the attention of many anglers.
The proposals are as follows:
- Spotted Seatrout: Extension of the 5-fish bag and possession limit up the coast through East Matagorda Bay with a five-year sunset date.
- Flounder: Extension of the November 2-fish bag limit through the first 2 weeks of December, and during those two weeks harvest would be allowed by any legal means.
- Oyster harvest: Temporary 2-year closure of a 54-acre oyster restoration site on Half-Moon reef in Matagorda Bay, and a 2-year temporary closure of seven restoration sites located in East Galveston Bay.
Comments on the proposed rules may be submitted by phone or e-mail to Robert Macdonald (512) 389-4775; e-mail: email@example.com, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, 4200 Smith School Road, Austin, Texas 78744.
Source: Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
- Past Issues
- Subscriber Login
- The Universal Suppressor - Griffin Armament Optimus Review
- Texas CHL and 30.06 - Where can I carry?
- Walk-up Saltwater (Location Maps, Species, Lure/Baits, and Times Included!)
- Armed Citizens Open Fire and Stop Barbershop Robbery [VIDEO]
- Shootout in Palestine, This is How Fast it Happens! [VIDEO]