Once again, Obama uses a recent crime as emotional leverage to complain that his biggest frustration as President is the Second Amendment and that he cannot “keep guns out of the hands of the people who can…uhhh…do unbelievable damage.” These facts came to mind after hearing this uneducated rant:
- CHICAGO: Obama’s previous hometown. Where they have enacted some of the most infringements on the people’s right to keep and bear arms. It’s a struggle to simply own a firearm in Illinois where registration and waiting periods are mandatory, and you even have to have a permit to purchase ammunition! The results: criminals run rampant on an unarmed society. Only recently have citizens been able to obtain concealed handgun permits and we suddenly see a drop in crime.
- AUSTRALIA: Obama praises a country that responded to a single mass murder by turning on its citizens and enacted a “forced buyback” (confiscation) of the majority of firearms and an extremely strict registration on even BB and airsoft guns. The results: violent crime spiked in every way on an unarmed, defenseless populace. Rapes, home invasions and violent crime rates spikes dramatically and criminals have started to manufacture their own machine guns. And IF you decide to defend your self in your own home, you are prosecuted worse than the attacking criminals.
- GUN FREE ZONES: All these media hyped up “mass shootings” occur in “Gun Free Zones”. Signs don’t deter evil murderers, they only disarm law abiding citizens and give the opportunity for evil to prey upon a victim rich environment. The attempted mass murders that might occur where citizens are allowed to defend themselves you will never hear of for two reasons: it doesn’t fit the media’s agenda, and the body count is too low because it was stopped early by a good guy with a gun.
- VIOLENT CRIME IS DOWN: Despite what the majority of American’s believe, firearms homicides are down 49% since 1993 and violent crime is down 75%. Probably because gun ownership is at an all time high. But once again, is the media reporting this or manipulating reports to make viewers think otherwise?
- LYING STATISTICS: If you engage in any “debate” with an anti-gunner over gun control they will probably bring up the flawed statistic created by “Moms Demand Action” that states: “There have been 74 school shootings since Newtown”. But if you look even briefly at this “list” it’s easy to see that number isn’t even close to accurate. Even CNN reported that only 15 claims were legitimate, and even then it was a stretch to qualify them as “school shootings”. The fictitious list includes suicides, police shootings, and gang activity nearby school property, not even on school grounds.
So before believing the flawed logic that responsible citizens need to be disarmed in order to stop criminals from hurting others please arm yourself with the facts. And keep the big picture in mind. The root of these over sensationalized tragedies isn’t in an inanimate object. It’s the result of living in a fallen, sinful world and the consequences of a culture that embraces immorality and rejects personal responsibility. It’s a matter of the heart. Society needs to turn back to righteousness and morality before we will ever see an improvement in our nation.