A Chinese restaurant in Kentucky was forced to shut its doors after getting caught with a roadkilled deer in the kitchen.
“We were actually joking about the, you know, the whole Chinese restaurant. You know some rumors that you hear,” says Katie Hopkins, a customer of the Red Flower restaurant.
But, Hopkins and her friends never imaged what would happen next, after finishing up a buffet lunch.
“Two of the workers came in wheeling a garbage can and they had a box sitting on top of it. And hanging out of the garbage can, they were trying to be real quick with it. So that nobody could see it. But there was like a tail, and a foot and leg. Sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen,” adds Hopkins.
Hopkins immediately called the health department to describe what she saw, “Many people eat there. A lot of locals eat there on lunch breaks and stuff. It was very disturbing. There was actually a blood trail that they were mopping up behind the garbage can.”
In March 2012, a Wyoming Chinese eatery was caught with roadkill venison, but investigation revealed it was not a public health law violation.