A North Texas toddler is recovering after getting bit by a copperhead snake earlier this week.
Learning center employee Robyn Shearin said despite two adults supervising the playground the bite was hard to prevent.
“The snake was very hard to see, because it blended in with the wood chips,” she explained. “Immediately, the teacher rushed him [the child] in and announced ‘this is an emergency.’”
Shearin said the other children were immediately brought inside and 911 was called and emergency crews took the boy to the hospital.
As the child received medical care attention then turned to the snake.
“Firefighters came out and took care of the snake,” Shearin said. “And took the snake to the hospital to confirm what kind it was.”
The snake was identified as a copperhead and the information let doctors know exactly what type of anti-venom to treat the boy with.