A hunter from Maple Grove, Minnesota, died in rural St. Louis County when his clothing caught on fire while he was trying to light a propane heater in his deer stand.
The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office said Arthur Joseph Knafla, 84, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident at 9:45 a.m. in Lavell Township, southeast of Hibbing.
A news release said Knafla was attempting to light the heater in his partially enclosed deer stand. He fell from the stand when his clothing began burning.
Meadowlands Ambulance assisted sheriff’s deputies at the scene.
Source: Duluth News Tribune